Last Updated: July 14, 2021
This Policy applies to all of our products and services. Our Services include Boolokam TV apps and our websites Boolokam.tv and boolokam.com
1. Collection of Information
1.1 Information You Provide To Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, update your profile, participate in certain interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, request customer support, or communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, phone number, interests and preferences, location, and other information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Get When You Use Our Services
We may collect information about the Services you or your household use and how they are used, such as when you watch a video on a Boolokam TV mobile application, visit a third-party website or app that uses our Integrated Services, or interact with our ads and content.
a. What Information We Receive
* Content Viewing Information: We receive information about the content you view and interact with when you enable our Services in your Smart TV (“Content Viewing Information”). We may also receive Content Viewing Information if you enable a Smart TV App that integrates our Services. Content Viewing Information includes things like the title of the content, actions taken while viewing the content, and the length of time you viewed it.
* Log Information: We automatically collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the time and date of access, pages or features viewed, IP address, the type of web browser you use, and the referral URL.
* Device Information: We collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Services. This device-specific information may include the hardware model and brand, operating system, device identifiers, resource usage, and error logs. We may also discover when your Smart TV is available to connect with a mobile device, which can, for example, be used to make pairing your devices easier.
b. How We Receive This information
Smart TV Services: When you opt-in to our Smart TV Services, we may recognize the content played through your TV. Please note, we are only able to recognize public content, such as certain shows and movies. We won’t know when you’re watching, for example, home videos.
Smart TV Apps: We may receive such viewing information when you use our Smart TV Apps or third-party Smart TV apps that use our Integrated Services.
Mobile Applications: We may receive information about your mobile device and the applications you are running on it. The information we receive may include, for instance, the mobile device’s advertising identifier (e.g. the IDFA or Google Android Ad ID).
Cookies and Other Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information when you interact with our Services. These technologies include cookies, local storage and web beacons. Cookies and local storage are small data files that are stored on your device when you visit a website. Cookies and local storage enable us and our customers to provide features and functionality (such as keeping you logged in), measure the popularity of our Services, and monitor their performance. Web beacons (or pixel tags) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count website visits, and determine the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns. Our cookies are generally set to expire thirteen (13) months from the last time our systems encounter a particular computer or device.
Information from Integrated Services: We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Integrated Services, including through cookies and other technologies described above. For example, when you elect to pair a broadcaster’s app to your TV, that broadcaster can use our technology to synchronize your experience on their mobile apps as you watch a show on your TV. Also, third-party apps and websites can use our measurement and advertising services to better understand the usage of their services and enable the delivery of interest-based advertisements. The information we collect includes information about your use of those websites and apps, as well as information those apps or websites enable us to collect from their services. For example, a streaming video provider may enable us to receive information about the content you watch so that our recommendation service can suggest additional content that you might like.
1.3 Information We Collect from Other Sources
Where the law permits, we may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we might obtain information from data providers and advertising exchange services, including assumed demographics and interests, and data about your engagement with certain ads. We may also obtain from our data providers household or unique device identifiers (such as IP Addresses and Advertising IDs) gathered across platforms (including websites, TV applications, or mobile applications) which may be combined with our data and distributed to our clients so they can better tailor their advertising, marketing, measurement, analytics, and research; our data providers who are contractually bound to comply with all applicable data privacy laws before collecting such data and providing it to us.
Also, if you create or log into your Boolokam TV account through a social media service, we will have access to certain information from that service based on the settings and authorisations you grant us through that service.
2. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect to:
Provide, maintain and improve our Services (for instance, we use the information we collect to refine the user experience, fix service malfunctions, test our security systems and increase our technical performance);
Monitor and analyze usage of our Services;
Personalize our Services and deliver recommendations, advertisements, content and features that match your interests;
Improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services (for example, if you are interested in cooking shows, we may serve you ads for new TV cooking programs);
Communicate with you about products, services, offers and events offered by Samba TV or others, and provide content we think you will find interesting;
Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; and,
Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent and other illegal activities, and protect the rights, safety and property of Boolokam TV and others.
To clarify, the information we receive about you or your household from using one device or Smart TV may be combined with information we receive from the use of other devices or Smart TVs.
3. Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
* With Your Consent Or At Your Direction: At your direction or if we have your consent to do so, we will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Boolokam TV. When you authorize us to share information about you with other companies, you should review their privacy policies to understand how they may use and treat personal information.
* With Service Providers And Data Processors: We may share information with consultants, data processors, service providers and other trusted businesses who make our business-to-business activities in digital advertising possible.
* For Legal Reasons: We may share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Boolokam TV: in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, legal process or national security requirements; if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements; or, to protect the rights, property or safety of Boolokam TV or others.
* With Our Corporate Family: We may share information between and among Boolokam TV’s current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under our common control and ownership. We do so in order to administer and deliver our Services as described in this Policy.
* Pursuant To A Change Of Control: We may also share information in connection with any merger, sale of assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
* When You Are Not Directly Identified: We may share certain information, such as Content Viewing Information, that does not, on its own, directly identify you as an individual. We may share this information with our partners and customers (including for advertising and analytics purposes), and the public. We may, for instance, publish aggregated reports regarding how many people viewed a particular TV show. Or, we may share data about your device with advertising platforms to help make the ads you see more relevant to you.
To clarify, the personal information that we share will not directly identify you, but may indirectly identify you through, for example, your device or other means. The types of personal information we may share include device IDs, advertising IDs, IP addresses, hashed/encrypted versions of your email address or another identifier, or pseudonymous IDs.
4. Retention of Information
We may store Content Viewership and Ad Exposure Information for up to three (3) years from the last time our Services encounter a particular device unless you ask us to delete that information before then.
5. International Transfers
Boolokam TV is striving to make our services available globally. We are based in the United Kingdom and currently have subsidiaries in India. In the future, BoolokamTV may also establish additional affiliates and subsidiaries in other countries.
To facilitate our operations and to help deliver our Services globally, we may transfer personal information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, consultants and service providers.
Boolokam TV takes reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction
7. Your Rights
In general, you have the right to access, update or delete your personal information. This means you have the right to request that we:
Inform you of the personal information we collect (and provide you with a copy of your personal information) and how we use it.
* Correct any errors in that information.
* Delete your personal information.
* Disclose to you what personal information of yours we have shared or sold to third parties.
* Stop sharing, processing, or selling your personal information.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the top of the policy and provide notice. Such notice may take various forms, such as updating the date on the top of the policy, adding a statement to our website, sending you an email, or providing an on-screen notification on your Smart TV.
Boolokam TV Limited
71-75 Shelton Street